I am currently in the middle of a 48 hour report so I gotta make this quick!
I have been baking lots lately! In addition to keeping my taste testing skills sharp, I like to bake because
- I find whipping eggs, creaming butter and mixing dough to be the best way to relieve stress
- the house is warm and cozy and smells fantastic - like a giant (almost vegan) cookie!
- cookies always make great “thank-you-for-giving-me-rides” or “feel better soon” presents
- you don’t need to brave the cold to get bread to make your turkey sandwich (yes, I finally baked bread!)
- you get lots of extra house-mate points when your stressed-out roomies find brownies and granola bars waiting on the counter
- you get to experiement with recipes and sneak as much healthy stuff as you can into a not-so-healthy recipe – I like challenges, what can I say?
Be back soon!! 40 hours more and I’m homeeee for Reading Week!! aka Canadian university students’ ”spring break”. I’ll be sharing these recipes and a baking photo shoot soon!
I want to know,
What are you looking forward to doing on your Reading Week/Spring Break?
Or for those of you in the working world, what are your most memorable spring break stories??